Friday, June 24, 2011

Thank yous and a new post


First of all I want to send out a big Thank You to those of you that have left comments and became followers. How exciting this is for me!

Now for today's card, which is for a request from the Stamping Queens group. A member's son is in the military, but stationed here in the States still - and they thought he would enjoy receiving cards. While it doesn't show, the stars are also stamped on the Midnight Blue and Real Red card stock. And I've punched out a couple stars in the Liberty panel. The paper: SU; the eagle stamp: Rubber Monger; Liberty stamp: Art Impressions; background star stamp: Rubber Stampede; brad, silver cording, small star stamp, and metal star: unknown sources.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Great car JJ, saw it on homepage at CC, glad to see your blog. Awesome.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judie for visiting and commenting! These are two of my favorite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a wonderful card so patriotic...love the torn edges. May have to try that ! thanks for visiting and commenting. I do appreciate it!take care dearie, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv Paper tearing background you made :-) I'm sure he will be thankful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eve and Gerri! It's my understanding that he has enjoyed receiving the cards and his friends are jealous! And paper tearing can add a little touch to a card - as you probably know, rubbing chalk or ink along the edge is nice too!

    ReplyDelete